- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Apple Pudding Recipe
|Molasses/Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled chopped apples||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Grated orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg
Sodium 148.1 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a saucepan and lightly heat about 2 tablespoons of molasses. Add the chopped apples and cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix together the left over molasses, butter, orange juice, egg yolk, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
3. In another large bowl, properly mix together flour, soda and baking powder.
4. Add egg and apple mixtures in the flour mixture.
5. Take 4 custard dishes and coat with vegetable oil spray. Add the batter. Cover the custard dishes using wax papers.
6. In a trivet in a heavy saucepan, place the covered custard dishes on the top of 1 inch of boiling water. Cover the lid and steam on low flame for 1 hour.
7. Put in a serving dish and serve immediately.