- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak Oriental Recipe
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (packed)|
|Rib steak||4 , cut 3/4 inch thick|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.9 mg
Sodium 3722.9 mg155.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 54 g107.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger.
2) Place the steak in the soy sauce marinade.
3) Cover and allow the steak to marinate for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4) Drain the steaks and reserve the marinade.
5) Broil the steaks for 5 to 10 minutes under broiler, about 2 inches away from heat.
6) Baste the steak with reserved marinade several times while broiling.
7) Serve the steak hot garnished with watercress leaves if desired.