- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak au Poivre Recipe
|Boneless sirloin steak||3 Pound|
|Cracked black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine/Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g106.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176 mg
Sodium 667 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 70 g139.9%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wipe steak with damp paper towels and rub 1 tablespoon pepper into each side.
2. Slowly heat a large, heavy skillet until very hot and add 1 tablespoon butter and the oil, stirring until butter is melted.
3. Add steak and brown steak over high heat, well on each side for about 2 minutes a side.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 to 10 minutes a side for medium rare.
5. Remove steak to a heated serving platter and keep warm.
6. Add remaining butter, wine, brandy and salt to skillet and simmer, stirring 3 minutes.
7. Pour over steak and serve.