- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak with Sour Cream Recipe
|Boneless round steak||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Beef bouillon cubes||1 , crushed|
|Onion||1 , peeled, sliced|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.6%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 203.4 mg
Sodium 543.7 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 64 g127.6%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the steak pieces with salt and pepper
2) In a slow cooker, add the seasoned steak with the onion, bouillon cube and 1/2 cup water.
3) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
4) Remove the steak and keep warm.
5) In a bowl, blend the flour and 1/4 cup water, then pour into the slow cooker.
6) Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
7) Then stir in the sour cream and turn off the heat.
8) Pour sauce over the steak and serve immediately.