- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak With Seasoned Butter Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Grainy mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Blue cheese||2 Ounce|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Boneless sirloin steaks||24 Ounce (4 Steaks, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.3%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g134%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151 mg
Sodium 403.9 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 38 g76%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Layer a plate with a sheet of waxed paper.
2) Put half of the butter in a small bowl.
3) Now add the horseradish, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper and stir until folded.
4) Keep in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm slightly.
5) Spoon into a small pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe out 4 rosettes with the flutter on the paper-lined plate.
6) Keep the remaining butter in another bowl.
7) Now add the blue cheese, lemon peel, and a pinch each of salt and pepper and mix well.
8) Keep in the fridge for 15 minutes to stiffen a little.
9) Ladle into the pastry bag and pipe another 4 rosettes onto the same plate.
10) Store in freezer while you prepare the steaks.
11) Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the meat as seasoning.
12) Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
13) Now add the steaks and cook for 4 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare, 6 minutes for medium and 8 minutes for well done.
14) Arrange the steaks on individual serving plates, then place a dollop of each butter on top.
15) Scatter on top with parsley and serve.