- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak with Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Video
|Steak||4 (Choice Cut, This Recipe Uses Bone-In Rib Eye And Fillet)|
|Steak rub||2 Tablespoon|
|Meat tenderizer||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Recommend: Cabernet Or Merlot)|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Prosciutto||1⁄2 Pound (Use Ham If Unable To Find)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.1%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158 mg
Sodium 3432.8 mg143%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 66 g133%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven at 425 degrees!
2) Poke the meat with a fork so that the wine goes into it.
3) Evenly distribute the steak rub, meat tenderizer, salt, pepper, yellow mustard and wine on the top of each cut of meat, keeping in mind you will flip the meat and do the other side. Let it marinade at room temperature for 20-60 minutes.
4) Place marinated meat on the grill and cook to desired doneness. (For a medium rare on a 2 inch cut is 4 minutes on one side on a high and 10 minutes on the other, lowering the heat to a medium on the 2nd side.) Remember to allow for the meat to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
5) For the prosciutto wrapped asparagus, wrap a slice of prosciutto around one asparagus spear and repeat the process till all spears are wrapped. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, for easy clean-up. Top all the spears with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
6) Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
7) Serve hot!