- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak with Onion Wine Sauce Recipe
|Beef tenderloin||1 3⁄4 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.8 mg
Sodium 241.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 10" skillet, saute the steaks in the 1 tbsp butter and olive oil over a medium-high heat for about 10-12 min until evenly cooked.
2) Season the steaks well with the salt and pepper.
3) Remove on a serving platter and keep warm.
4) In the same skillet, saute the green onion in the drippings until softened.
5) Stir in the 1/2 tsp salt, wine, parsley, and dash pepper.
6) Heat well and stir until the sauce is bubbly.
7) Lastly, stir in 2 tbsp butter until the butter is just melted.
8) Spoon the sauce over the hot steaks and serve .