- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak With Goat's Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Baking potatoes||4 , each cut into 8 wedges|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||3 Teaspoon|
|Soft goat cheese||280 Gram (Two 140 G Packs)|
|Creme fraiche||5 Tablespoon|
|Green peppercorns||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, drained and lightly crushed|
|Sirloin steaks||800 Gram (Four 200 Gram Steaks)|
Calories 845 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.7%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.2 mg
Sodium 467.1 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 57 g115%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 19% Iron 41.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to fan 160C.
2. Scatter the potato wedges in a roasting pan
3. Toss them in the oil and thyme.
4. Roast for 40 minutes, turning once, until tender and crispy
5. While the potatoes are being roasted, place cheese on a cheese board or vegetable board and remove the rind and discard
6. Cut into cubes and place in a microwaveable bowl.
7. Microwave the cheese on Medium for 1 minute until melted.
8. Add and blend creme fraiche into cheese
9. Return bowl to the microwave and heat for 1 minute on Medium until the thick and bubbly.
10. Season sauce with salt and crushed peppercorns.
11. Keep sauce warm
12. Take a skillet and heat on high flame.
13. Season the steaks with black pepper
14. Sear in hot pan for 2 minutes to 4 minutes depending on desired degree of doneness.
15. Serve the steaks accompanied with roasted potatoes.
16. Divide the sauce between 4 bowls for dipping
17. Serve immediately.