- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak Chasseur Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Consomme||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||3 Teaspoon|
|Wine/Cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Grape/Currant jelly||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 230.1 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan and lightly brown the butter.
2) Add the flour and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce becomes light brown in color.
3) Add the consommé along with the tomato paste to it and stir it until it becomes creamy and smooth.
4) Cook it over reduced heat for an hour stirring occasionally.
5) Add the currant jelly and vinegar before seasoning it with salt and pepper.
6) Serve with broiled or pan fried steak.
7) The sauce goes well with round steak and deer steak.