- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak Au Poivre with Cognac Cream Sauce Recipe Video
|Peppercorns||2 Tablespoon (Mixed color peppercorns)|
|New york strip steak||1 Medium (lean)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.5 mg
Sodium 1653.3 mg68.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the steak with crushed pepper corn and salt. Push the crushed pepper corns into the steak.
2) Sprinkle fennel seeds all over the meat.
3) Place a skillet on high heat. Add little bit of olive oil to the skillet and heat up.
4) Place the steak in hot oil to sear on both sides. Sear each side for 2-4 minutes.
5) Transfer the steak on cutting board and place aside.
6) In the same skillet add the cognac. Slide the skillet to get it flamed.
7) Pour in cream and cook to desired thickness. Also, season with salt.
8) Slice the steak in half and arrange over the serving plate.
9) Garnish with scallions and pour the cream sauce right on top. Serve this with a choice of Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon wine.