- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak Au Poivre Recipe
|Black peppercorns/White peppercorns||1 Ounce, crushed|
|Black peppercorns||1 Ounce, coarsely crushed (Black Or White, 25 Grams)|
|Rump steaks/Entrecote sirloin steaks||32 Ounce (Four 8 Ounce, 225 Gram Each Pieces)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Whipping cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Cream||4 Tablespoon (Double Or Whipping)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling)|
Calories 1260 Calories from Fat 662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.3%
Saturated Fat 34.9 g174.6%
Trans Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 211.7 mg70.6%
Sodium 256.5 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.49%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 109 g218%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the steaks and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or according to preference.
3. Pour off any surplus butter, retaining all the peppercorns in the pan. Warm the brandy by pouring it into a jug and placing this in hot water for 1 minute. Pour over the steaks and carefully ignite.
4. Remove the steaks from the pan and place on a hot serving dish. Keep hot.
5. Add the wine to the pan, bring to the boil and cook until it has reduced by half. Pour in the cream, mix well and reheat without boiling. Add salt to taste.
6. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve at once with saute potatoes.