- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak au Poivre Recipe Video
|Sirloin steak||10 Ounce|
|White peppercorn||1 Tablespoon, cracked|
|Black peppercorn||1 Tablespoon, cracked|
|Green peppercorn||2 Tablespoon|
|Demi glace||2 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fingerling potato||6 Ounce, peeled and set in water|
|Thyme sprig||1 Medium|
|Garlic head||1 Medium|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1623 Calories from Fat 769
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g133.1%
Saturated Fat 38.6 g192.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236.6 mg78.9%
Sodium 6484.4 mg270.2%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 67 g134.1%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 76.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 325 F.
2. Season the Steak with salt.
3. Toss the white and black pepper together and season the steak with the pepper pressing the peppercorns on so they adhere.
4. In a cast iron pan, warm oil on high heat and sear the steak till it attains nice color.
5. Flip over and place in oven and cook until desired doneness (about 5 min for medium rare).
6. Cut the fingerling potatoes in ¼” rounds.
7. In a sauté pan over medium high heat and add the butter and once the butter bubbles add the potatoes.
8. Toss gingerly and season with salt.
9. Break the head of garlic into cloves and crush lightly with your hand leaving the skin on and add to the pan with the potatoes.
10. Finish by adding a thyme sprig, cook until just tender, then drain butter and check for seasoning.
11. Remove the steak from oven and let it rest.
12. Deglaze cooking pan with Armagnac reducing by half.
13. Add the green peppercorns, demi glace and cream and cook for 30 seconds and then season with salt and taste.
14. Place the potatoes on a plate and the steak on top, dress with the sauce and serve.