- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Steak au Poivre Recipe Video
|Mignon||4 Small, cut in 1 1/4" slices|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground (pink, red, black, white, green)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Small, diced|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.4%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.5 mg
Sodium 379.6 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a paper towel, pat dry steaks.
2. In a plate, place the steak and sprinkle all salt over it, on both the sides.
3. In another plate, place peppercorn and roll and rub the steak to coat with it.
4. In a pan on high heat, heat oil and butter, place the steaks and allow to cook for about 4 minutes on one side.
5. Turn the heat to medium, flip the steak and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on other, for medium rare or cook depending on desired doneness.
6. Remove and place cooked steak on a plate and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
For the sauce
7. In the same pan, add shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes.
8. Pour in the brandy, and stir to deglaze the pan, allow to cook for 2 minutes.
9. Pour in beef broth and cook for 5 more minutes and reduce it by half.
10. Turn off the heat and add cold butter, and stir it until it melts.
11. Put the steak in a serving plate, and spoon the sauce on it and serve.