- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak And Kidney Pudding Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Chuck steak||1 Pound, cubed (450 Grams)|
|Lamb kidneys||4 Ounce, cored and chopped (100 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Grams)|
|Flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram, S.R)|
|Shredded suet||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3360 Calories from Fat 1794
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g309.2%
Saturated Fat 96.5 g482.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 827.1 mg
Sodium 1939.4 mg80.8%
Total Carbohydrates 241 g80.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.7%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 129 g258.6%
Vitamin A 47.6% Vitamin C 60.9%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 126.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a shallow dish and melt butter in it for 45 seconds.
2) Stir fry onion for 2 minutes or until soft.
3) Season flour with herbs, salt, and pepper to taste and toss the steak and kidney in the flour.
4) Add the steak in the onion mix and stir in stock.
5) Cook on power for 3 minutes, cover with a cling film, and cook further on power.
6) Microwave on low power for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Stir in mushroom and cook it further for 2 minutes.
8) Set aside to cool.
9) In the meantime, mix flour, salt and suet together.
10) Pour water and blend to make a soft dough.
11) Make a roll with the dough, reserving 1/4 of the pastry for the lid.
12) Take a pudding basin and fill with the cooked meat.
13) Moisten the rim of the pie and place the pastry lid on the top.
14) Make 2 or 3 slits in the pastry with
a sharp knife and press the edges to seal.
15) Cover with a sling film and cook on power for 10-12 minutes, turning the basin 3/4 times while cooking.
16) Garnish and serve immediately.