- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Beef Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe
|Round steak||2 Pound|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3763 Calories from Fat 1614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g278.3%
Saturated Fat 83.7 g418.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2571 mg
Sodium 3599.6 mg150%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.5%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 297 g594.6%
Vitamin A 87% Vitamin C 113.8%
Calcium 39.4% Iron 180.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Cut the steak into cubes and trim off the fat from the kidneys and then cut into cubes.
3) Roll the kidney and steak in flourand and sear in hot butter.
4) Stir in sliced onions and cook in the hot fat until soft.
5) Take a baking dish, arrange meat, onion, and mushroom.
6) Combine salt, pepper, rosemary, cognac, tomato paste, and wine and pour over the meat.
7) Cover the dish and bake for 3 hours, basting with wine frequently.
8) Make circles with the dough ensuring it is 2 inches larger than the top of the baking dish.
9) Take a baking sheet, place the dough, and bake at 450 degree.
10) Reduce heat and bake at 350 degree until the dough turns golden brown.
11) Slip the puff pastry on top of the meat dish.
12) Serve with tossed salad or green vegetables.