- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak and Kidney Pie Recipe
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef kidney||6 Ounce|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , peeled, finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1598 Calories from Fat 601
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.5%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1186.7 mg
Sodium 787.2 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 186 g372.3%
Vitamin A 52.5% Vitamin C 60.4%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 93.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 325° F
2. Take the steak and cut it into strips before pounding it lightly.
3. Place a kidney on each strip and roll it up.
4. Add salt & pepper to the flour and dredge the meat rolls in it.
5. Take a baking dish and arrange the meat after adding onion and sprinkling it with a little flour.
6. Add water or broth until the level reaches the half way mark of the dish.
7. Cook it for 1 ½ hours after covering it with foil.
8. Cool it by setting it apart.
9. Reset the temperature of the oven to 450°F..
10. Cover the pie by rolling the pastry thinly over it.
11. Press the edges down properly in order to cover it properly.
12. Make a hole in the middle of the pie and add leaf shaped pastry trimmings to it.
13. Brush it with a little milk before baking it in the pre heated oven for half an hour.
14. Serve hot.