- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak and Guinness Pie Recipe Video
|For short crust pastry|
|Plain flour||125 Gram|
|Cold water||30 Milliliter (about)|
|For pie filling|
|Beef chuck||480 Gram|
|Onion||1 Large, slice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), slice|
|Carrot||1 Large, slice|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Guinness||11 1⁄5 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1372 Calories from Fat 731
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.2%
Saturated Fat 34 g170.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.5 mg72.5%
Sodium 1412.1 mg58.8%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 56 g112%
Vitamin A 138.8% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For short crust pastry, in food processor drop flour, salt, and butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Gradually add water, a little at time to moisten and bring everything together.
3. Sprinkle flour on work surface and drop dough on it. Knead for a minute. Wrap dough with plastic and pop it in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
4. Cut beef into large chunks.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
6. Place a pan on medium flame and heat vegetable oil in it. Drop beef chunks and cook until browned on both sides. Remove beef from pan and set aside.
7. Pour little Guinness and deglaze the pan.
8. Place a Dutch oven or pot on flame and pour olive oil in it. Drop onion, carrot, salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir and let it sweat on low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Add garlic, give it a good stir, and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Throw tomato paste and mix well. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
11. Pour Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
12. Drop beef chunks and pour Guinness in Dutch oven. Add deglazed liquid and flour.
13. Pour beef stock and mix well. Cover with lid and pop the pot in oven for 2 hours.
14. Now, on floured surface roll dough into thin sheet. Cut it into circle as shown in the video.
15. Fill a bowl with beef filling. Cover it with shortbread pastry. Apply some olive oil on top of pastry.
16. Pop pie in oven and bake until the pastry becomes golden brown. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
17. Serve steak and Guinness pie hot with parsnip chips.