- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Standing Rib Roast Of Beef Recipe
|Standing rib roast of beef||8 Pound (3 Rib)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 919 Calories from Fat 508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.6%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 443.5 mg
Sodium 694.5 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.01 g0%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 97 g193.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.5% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wipe beef with a clean, damp cloth.
Place roast on rack in roasting pan, fat side up.
3. Sprinkle with a mixture of salt and pepper.
4. Insert roast meat thermometer in center of thickest part of lean; be sure bulb does not rest on bone or in fat.
5. Roast at 300°F to 325°F, allowing 23 to 25 min. per pound for rare; 27 to 30 min. per pound for medium; and 32 to 35 min. per pound for well done. Roast is also done when roast meat thermometer registers 140°F for rare; 160°F for medium, 170°F for well done.
6. Use meat dripping for gravy. Serve with Yorkshire Pudding. Garnish with water cress.