- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stacked Enchiladas Recipe
|Red chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||195 Milliliter (3/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped white onion||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|6 inch corn tortillas||12|
|Shredded mild cheddar cheese||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Chopped pitted ripe olives||160 Milliliter (2/3 Cups)|
|Shredded iceberg lettuce||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6555 Calories from Fat 4582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 517 g795.1%
Saturated Fat 168.8 g843.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 849.1 mg
Sodium 6717.3 mg279.9%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.8%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 228 g455.5%
Vitamin A 661.1% Vitamin C 124.3%
Calcium 412.9% Iron 96.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook beef in 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up beef into small pieces, until no longer red, 6 to 8 minutes. Add onion; saute until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Spoon off fat.
3. Add garlic, salt and 1 cup (250 mL) Red Chili Sauce to skillet; mix well. Heat over medium heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated and meat is moistly coated with sauce,, about 5 minutes.
4. Heat remaining 3/4 cup (180 mL) oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Fry tortillas, 1 at a time, just until limp and blistered, 5 to 10 seconds per side. Drain on paper toweling. Remove oil from skillet; wipe clean.
5. Heat remaining 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Chili Sauce in medium skillet over medium heat until hot; remove from heat.
6. Dip 1 tortilla into Chili Sauce to coat both sides; remove, draining off excess sauce. Place on broiler-proof individual serving plate. Spread tortilla with slightly rounded 1/4 cup (60 mL) meat mixture; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cheese and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olives. Add second dipped tortilla and meat, cheese and olive layers; top with third dipped tortilla. Repeat procedure to assemble 3 more stacks. Pour any remaining Chili Sauce over stacks and sprinkle with remaining cheese, dividing evenly.
7. Place stacks under broiler so that tops are 4 inches (10 cm) below heat source. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle tops with remaining olives, dividing evenly. Garnish with lettuce.