- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Broccoli Rabe Recipe Video
|Broccoli rabe||2 Pound|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, sliced thinly|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2208 Calories from Fat 2030
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g337.1%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1837.3 mg76.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 475.7% Vitamin C 310.9%
Calcium 99.9% Iron 108.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off and discard 1 inch from stem ends of the broccoli rabe.
2) Cook broccoli rabe, uncovered, in 2 batches in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes, transferring with a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
3) Drain well in a colander.
4) In a large nonstick skillet placed over medium hear, cook the garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, till the garlic is golden.
5) Add the now cooled broccoli rabe and cook, tossing to coat with oil, till heated through.
6) Toss the broccoli rabe with salt.
7) Serve the sauteed broccoli rabe as while it is still hot. This is a healthy side dish that goes well with almost everything.