- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
St Louis Style Barbecue Spare Ribs by the BBQ Pit Boys Recipe Video
|Pork spare rib||5 Pound (4-5)|
|Dry rub||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 167.8 mg
Sodium 204.6 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 46 g91.3%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWood chunks or chips for added smoke (optional)
1. Preheat grill to 225-250 degree F.
2. Wash and dry ribs. Trim and remove the membrane.
3. Now rub in mustard on all sides.
4. Lightly apply dry rub seasoning to both sides and let stand for 15-30 minutes. Allow ribs to come to room temperature just before placing on the grill.
5. Place water or basting pan on the grill, or within the coals for added moisture. (optional)
6. Place rib on grill, opposite coals and cook with closed grill lid for 3-4 hours. Mop the ribs several times with barbecue sauce.
7. To keep from over cooking, remove the racks when they pull apart easily, with meat still attached to the bone.
8. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.