- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
St Joseph's Cream Puffs Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 272 mg
Sodium 194.9 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add butter and water.
2) Place the saucepan over heat and bring the water to a boil.
3) Quickly add the flour and combine thoroughly by keeping the heat at low.
4) Prepare a ball from the mixture.
5) Add salt by removing from heat.
6) Add eggs to the mixture, one by one to beat into the mixture until it turns smooth.
7) Fold in sugar, orange and lemon rinds into the mixture.
8) In a skillet, place deep fat and heat up to 350°F.
9) With a spoon drop the mixture into hot fat.
10) Fry the mixture until it puffs and turn golden brown.
11) Serve the cream puffs by garnishing with honey or sweet sauce.