- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sri Lankan Deviled Beef Ribs Recipe
|Beef short ribs||6 Pound, cut into pieces (2 Meaty Ribs Per Serving)|
|Onions||2 Large, halved and slivered|
|Jalapeno chili/Other fresh hot chili||1 Tablespoon, seeded, ribbed, and finely diced (Or According To The Heat Of The Chili And Personal Taste)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, minced and peeled|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cardamom||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1833 Calories from Fat 1486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g254.1%
Saturated Fat 71.8 g358.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344 mg
Sodium 744 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 66 g132.4%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heavy pot, mix together the ribs with all the other ingredients except the chili sauce.
2) Pour in enough water to cover by 1 inch.
3) Uncover and allow the mixture to come to a boil over medium-high heat.
4) Lower the heat to medium and remove any foam that rises to the surface.
5) Cover partially and simmer the mixture for about 2 hours until the beef is soft.
6) Gently skim off any fat that rise to the top with a metal spoon.
7) Serve the ribs at once with the chili sauce handed over separately.