- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squid with Bamboo Shoots Recipe
|Fresh squid||1 Pound, peeled and cleaned (500 Gram)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Bamboo shoots||2 1⁄2 Ounce, thinly sliced lengthwise in 2 inch pieces (75 Gram)|
|Cucumber||2 1⁄2 Ounce, thinly sliced lengthwise in 2 inch pieces (75 Gram)|
|Carrot||2 1⁄2 Ounce, thinly sliced lengthwise in 2 inch pieces (75 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1 , sliced|
|Chinese rice wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, blended with water|
|Water||1 Teaspoon, blended with corn flour|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264.2 mg
Sodium 548.7 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a sharp knife cut the cleaned squid in half lengthwise and score each piece in a diamond pattern.
2) Cut the scored squid into pieces about 6 cm x 2 cm (2 1/2 in x 3/4 in).
3) Dry thoroughly.
4) In a hot oil, deep fry the squid for 5 seconds only.
5) Drain and set aside.
6) Retain 1 teaspoon of the oil and re-heat it.
7) Stir fry the garlic for a few seconds until fragrant, then add the squid and stir fry for 1 minute.
8) Add the bamboo shoots, cucumber, carrot and spring onion and stir fry for 1 minute.
9) Season with rice wine and salt, then thicken with cornflour.
10) Serve immediately.