- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squid Saute Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry vermouth||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1/2 teaspoon dried||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Squid||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned, discard head and ink sac, cut body into rings, reserve tentacles|
Calories 97 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.1 mg
Sodium 152.3 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 32.7%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oil in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
2) Add the garlic and vegetables and cook over high heat, frequently stirring, till the vegetables have turned tender-crisp (2 to 3 minutes).
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the squid, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Add the squid rings and tentacles and stir well to combine.
5) Cook the ingredients till the squid turns white. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes of cooking. Ensure that the squid does not overcook or it will toughen.
6) Place the hot, cooked squid on a serving platter and serve as a main dish with a light, green salad on the side.