- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squid Salad with Lemon and Fresh Mint Recipe
|Shellfish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Small squid||2 Pound, cleaned (Whole, With Tentacles)|
|Packed mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1⁄2 , minced|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon slices||4 (As Required For Garnish)|
|Mint sprigs||1 (As Required For Garnish)|
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 355.7 mg
Sodium 398 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 39.8%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add the Shellfish Boil and squid to cook for 1 minute over heat.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and set it on a rack.
4) Let the squid cool in the liquid for 30 minutes or until tepid. Drain water.
5) In a food processor, add the mint leaves, dry mustard, lemon juice, jalapeno pepper, salt, sugar and black pepper.
6) Process the ingredients to puree. Add olive oil in a thin stream into the running blender and blend the oil into the puree nicely.
7) Slice the squid bodies thinly along the width, leaving the tentacles whole.
8) In a large bowl, place the squid and toss with the dressing.
9) Use a serving platter to nicely arrange the squid. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs, before serving.