- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squid Salad Recipe
|Small squid||2 Pound, cleaned|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Kosher salt/Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (From 1 Lemon)|
|Chopped fresh italian parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 528.5 mg
Sodium 197.9 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 36 g71.1%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash squid and dry it thoroughly.
2) Make crosswise rings 3/4 inch wide and the tentacles into bite-sized pieces. Let the tentacles be whole if they are small.
3) In a large skillet warm 1/4 cup of the olive oil over medium heat.
4) Put the squid in it, stir and toss for 5 to 8 minutes. Do not overcook.
5) Sprinkle salt over it.
6) Put the content into a large sieve and drain. Keep aside to cool.
7) Take a large portable bowl with lid and mix cooled squid, remaining 1 /2 cup olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
8) Toss the mixture to coat well.
9) Sprinkle red pepper flakes and black pepper.
10) Cover and place in refrigerator till ready to pack in a cooler.
11) Serve in individual platter.