- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squid and Green Peppers Recipe
|Squid||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, deseeded and thinly sliced|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Root ginger slice||2 , peeled and shredded|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.1 mg
Sodium 336.9 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 54.9%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the squid by discarding the head, transparent backbone and the ink bag.
2. Under running cold water wash and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Remove the thin skin from the squid and make small pieces of the squid to resemble the size of a matchbox.
4. In a wok or deep frying pan heat the oil such that it is fairly hot and deep-fry the prepared squid for about 30 seconds and remove using a slotted spoon.
5. From the pan removing most of the oil retaining one tablespoon in the bottom add ginger, pepper and squid and stir fry for a few seconds.
6. Add salt, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper and continue to stir for about a minute.
7. To serve add sesame oil over it.