- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
SQUASH AND TOMATO CASSEROLE Recipe
|Marrow squash/Rings||1 Pound|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 94 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.4 mg
Sodium 42.7 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and cut marrow into thin slices; deseed.
3. Peel tomatoes and slice.
4. Grease a casserole dish.
5. Into the greased casserole dish, place the marrow rings on the bottom.
6. Season with salt and pepper; add grated onion on top and flakes of butter.
7. Cover top with a layer of sliced tomatoes.
8. Repeat layering until all the vegetables are used up, then pour stock on top.
9. Cover the dish with a lid and bake in hot oven for about 35 minutes until vegetables are all done.
10. Serve Squash and tomato casserole with grilled vegetables.