- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scrumptious Spaghetti Squash Recipe Video
|To bake the spaghetti squash|
|Spaghetti squash||1 Medium|
|Olive oil cooking spray||2 Dash|
|To bake the cherry tomatoes|
|Mixed cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (One bottle cap-full used)|
|For edamame cilantro dressing|
|Edamame||1 1⁄3 Cup (20.8 tbs), thawed (Frozen and shelled edamame used)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||4⁄5 Cup (12.8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Seaweed gomasio||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 366.3 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking sheet - to bake the spaghetti squash in the oven
3. Cooking tray - to cook the cherry tomatoes in the oven toaster
1. Cut a spaghetti squash into half. Scoop out the strings from the middle.
2. Spray a foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F.
4. Bake the squash halves (place it cut side down on the baking sheet) in the preheated oven for an hour or until tender.
5. At the same time, toss cherry tomatoes in olive oil and place on cooking tray.
6. Bake at 250 for about 1 hour, in a toaster oven. Turn once halfway through.
7. In a blender, put in the thawed edamame, fresh cilantro, garlic, vegetable broth, olive oil and and seaweed gomasio. Blend until smooth.
8. After the squash has been baking for an hour, remove it from the oven and cool slightly.
9. Scrape squash with a fork, to remove spaghetti-like strands to measure about 4 cups.
10. Place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, toss gently to combine.
11. Serve edamame pesto over squash, garnish with the cherry tomatoes and serve.