- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash, Tomato, and Onion Casserole Recipe
|Zucchini||10 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (2 Medium Ones, About 5 Oz Each)|
|Yellow straight neck squash/Yellow crookneck squash||5 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (1 Medium Sized One)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into 8 slices|
|Onion||4 Ounce, sliced and separated into rings (1 Medium Sized One)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||8 Teaspoon (1 Tub, 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Fresh)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 86 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 419.1 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a shallow 1/2 quart casserole, place a layer of slightly overlapping zucchini and yellow squash slices.
3) Then place the tomato slices and top with the onion rings.
4) Dot the vegetables evenly with margarine and sprinkle with rest of the ingredients.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.