- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash Salad with Buttermilk Dressing Recipe
|Yellow summer squash||8 Ounce, julienned|
|Tomatoes||2 , cut into wedges|
|Broccoli stems||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), julienned|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Curry powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 81.9 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 99.3% Vitamin C 378.7%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam the squash for about 12 minutes or until tender and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add the tomatoes and broccoli.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, basil, and curry powder.
4. Pour over the squash mixture and toss it well.
5. On a serving platter, arrange the cabbage leaves.
6. Place the squash mixture over the cabbage.
7. Serve warm.