- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash Peanut Pie Recipe
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Yellow squash/1 package frozen yellow squash||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spanish peanuts/Salted spanish peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked bacon strip||8|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.4 mg
Sodium 373.1 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) Use a 9-inch pie pan or shallow baking dish to grease and lightly dust with bread crumbs.
3) In a saucepan, boil little quantity of salted water to cook squash until tender.
4) In a mixing bowl, place the squash and mash well.
5) Combine salt, pepper, butter, grated onion and cream to the mashed squash.
6) Place this mixture into the prepared baking pan and place inside oven to bake for 50 minutes.
7) Sprinkle peanuts and crisp, crumbled bacon on top to serve.
It also goes perfect with fried chicken.