- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash Pats Recipe
|Frozen yellow squash||10 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 308.5 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan and cook the squash by following the instructions on the package. Drain it well.
2) Mash the cooked squash and keep aside.
3) Mix the eggs and squash thoroughly.
4) Add cornmeal, flour, baking powder along with salt and stir properly to mix it.
5) Add the mixture of onion and squash and blend them by stirring.
6) Heat some oil in the skillet and add tablespoons of squash mixture to it.
7) Cook the squash until it turns golden brown in color.
8) Flatten it until it becomes ½ inch in thickness.
9) Cook until it turns golden brown before draining off the excess oil.
10) Serve hot with a garnishing of your choice.