- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||1 Pound|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (ice cold)|
|Butter||200 Gram (as required)|
|Brandy||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Bacon||1 Ounce (as required)|
Calories 1712 Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.6%
Saturated Fat 52.8 g264.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 218.8 mg72.9%
Sodium 1761.4 mg73.4%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 129.3 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 535.3% Vitamin C 101.8%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook bacon.
2. Peel and grate butternut squash so that you get four cups of it.
3. Blanch it for one to one and a half minute.
4. Add it to a bowl of ice cold water for a few seconds.
5. Remove squash from water and let it drain on a paper towel.
6. In a pan, melt butter.
7. Cut apple and add it to the pan. Cook it on a slow flame until it browns.
8. Add one cup of maple syrup and let it cook till it becomes saucy.
9. After five minutes of cooking add brandy.
10. Cook for a few minutes or until you don’t smell the alcohol at all.
11. Grate a couple of tablespoons of onion into a small bowl.
12. Add a beaten egg and 2 tablespoons of oil to it. Whisk it well.
13. Add it to the squash mixture.
14. In a bowl, take flour. Add baking powder and salt. Mix it well.
15. Add it to the squash mixture and mix it really well.
16. In a pan, heat oil.
17. Add a quarter cup scoops of the squash mixture into the heated oil and cook it on both sides till they are browned.
18. To serve, take two pancakes on a plate, pour apple maple syrup over it and serve it with cooked bacon.