- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash Medley Recipe
|Pepper||1 Large, chopped (Red or green)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Large, chopped|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Bacon slices||3 , chopped|
|Processed cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (1 package)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 736.3 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 112.3%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Parboil the squash (zucchini take about 3 minutes; yellow crooknecks or small white pattypans, 5 minutes; and white scallops, 15 to 20, depending on size.)
3) Halve the zucchini, crooknecks and pattypans, then cut top out of scallops and remove the seeds.
4) In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients except the breadcrumbs and butter; mix thoroughly.
5) Spoon the filling mixture into each squash halves, top each with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7) Serve the Squash Medley on individual serving plates.