- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup Recipe Video
|Bratwurst sausage||150 Gram|
|Vanilla oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||3⁄4 , chopped|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red lentils||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1047 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.2 mg
Sodium 1080.3 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.8%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g126.9%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 41 g82.6%
Vitamin A 1859.9% Vitamin C 293.5%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 49.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in quarters; remove the seeds, put them in a cookie sheet, and drizzle with vanilla oil.
3. Season it with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
5. Scoop out the meat and set aside.
6. Spray a medium skillet, cook the sausage and put it aside in a small container.
7. Saute onions, carrots, and celery stalks with vanilla oil in a soup pot. Add butternut squash, cinnamon, chicken broth, and lentils.
8. Let it cook for about 20 €“ 35 minutes until lentils are thoroughly cooked. Add water and adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Remove from heat and pour soup in a bowl. Top with sausage and fresh chopped cilantro if desired.