- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash and Cheese Pie Recipe
|Cooked squash||3 Cup (48 tbs), drained|
|8 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1986 Calories from Fat 511
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.4%
Saturated Fat 75.2 g375.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336.7 mg
Sodium 3218.2 mg134.1%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.8 g107.1%
Sugars 92 g
Protein 71 g142.3%
Vitamin A 66.3% Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 148% Iron 41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 400° F.
2. Cube the squash after draining it properly.
3. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper before arranging the cubes in a pastry shell.
4. Take a bowl and mix in most of the cheese and egg yolk.
5. Fold the stiffly beaten egg white in order to prepare the sauce.
6. Add the sauce on top of the squash cubes.
7. Place tomato slices along the edges and sprinkle rest of the cheese in the center.
8. Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
9. Serve after garnishing with rolls of broiled bacon.