- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squabs A La Satni A Cruz Recipe
|Squabs||2 1⁄2 Pound (2 In Number)|
|Mushrooms||6 , sliced|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), peeled and minced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Lemon pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1048 Calories from Fat 771
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.2%
Saturated Fat 35.5 g177.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.7 mg
Sodium 347.3 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 54 g108.9%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 7% Iron 59.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the breast bones from the squabs by making a split.
2) On a skillet, melt butter and stir fry squabs turning them over.
3) Add in garlic, tomato, parsley, thyme, wine, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Mix well so the ingredients coat the squabs well.
4) Cover the skillet and cook over reduced flame for 30 minutes.
5) Add in the mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes longer until the squabs are cooked through.
6) Garnish the Squabs A La Satni A Cruz with lemon pepper.