- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squab in Sour Cream Recipe
|Squab||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned mushrooms||3 Ounce|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 441
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 21.1 g105.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 368.4 mg
Sodium 1204.4 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 64 g127.5%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 67.7%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 96.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the flour and roll the squab to coat.
2) In a large non-stick pan, heat the butter and sauté squab until nicely browned for 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Stir in onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender for about 5 minutes.
4) In a bowl, mix in the tomato juice, salt, paprika, basil, pepper, and mushrooms.
5) Stream the basil mixture over squab and bring to boiling.
6) Put the lid on and simmer, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until squab is tender.
7) Using slotted spoon place the squab over heated platter and keep warm.
8) Slowly add sour cream to mixture in skillet, stirring constantly.
9) Simmer the sauce until heated well.
10) Stream the sauce over the squab and serve hot with rice if desired.