- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spun Sugar Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||200 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 774 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 199.8 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed pan combine the sugar and water.
2. Bring it to a boil and heat until the sugar begins to caramelize.
3. As soon as the sugar starts bubbling and becomes golden in color, remove the pan from heat and let it cool down a bit.
4. Then with a spoon take some of the caramel and start drizzling it quickly in a zig zag motion on a piece of parchment paper as shown in the video.
5. Carefully remove the parchment paper when the caramel cools down completely and solidifies.
6. Use the spun sugar to decorate any kind of cold desserts.
Never stir the caramel in the pan.
The spun sugar can be stored up to 3 days in a cool, dry place.