- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spudnut Doughnuts Recipe
|Yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), scalded, cooled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , well beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1273 Calories from Fat 518
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.5%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 286.9 mg
Sodium 1020 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.3%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 27 g54.3%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 74.1%
Calcium 29.9% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To the cooled milk, add the soaked yeast.
2) Add sugar, eggs, margarine, salt, potatoes and nutmeg and stir well to avoid forming lumps
3) Add enough flour to make soft dough.
4) Let it rise until it becomes double in size.
5) Knead the dough and roll to 1/2 inch thick.
6) Cut it with a doughnut cutter and let rise again.
7) Place the doughnuts on a floured board while rising.
8) Cook in deep fat until brown in color.
9) While it is still hot, glaze the doughnuts by dipping in 1 cup icing sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and enough hot water to make it fairly thick.
10) Glaze only those to be eaten right away.
11) Freeze the rest of the doughnuts well.
12) Serve cold by dipping in the prepared glaze.