- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spudnut Doughnuts Recipe
|Yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 Packages)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), scalded, cooled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , well beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use just enough to make syrup thick)|
Calories 1622 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.5%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.1 mg
Sodium 1024.2 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.1%
Sugars 112 g
Protein 27 g54.3%
Vitamin A 53.3% Vitamin C 74.1%
Calcium 30.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To the cooled milk, add the soaked yeast.
2) Add sugar, eggs, margarine, salt, potatoes and nutmeg and stir well to avoid forming lumps
3) Add enough flour to make soft dough.
4) Let it rise until it becomes double in size.
5) Knead the dough and roll to 1/2 inch thick.
6) Cut it with a doughnut cutter and let rise again.
7) Place the doughnuts on a floured board while rising.
8) Cook in deep fat until brown in color.
9) While it is still hot, glaze the doughnuts by dipping in 1 cup icing sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and enough hot water to make it fairly thick.
10) Glaze only those to be eaten right away.
11) Freeze the rest of the doughnuts well.
12) Serve cold by dipping in the prepared glaze.