- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sprouts With Celery And Cream Recipe
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 333.3 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 163.1%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim and wash the celery, cut into slices.
3. Bring the stock to the boil, add the vegetables and cook for about 8 minutes until just tender.
4. Drain the vegetables well (reserving the stock for a soup).
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the cream and seasonings.
6. Return the vegetables to the pan and toss.
7. Serve at once.