- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sprouting Broccoli with White Sauce Recipe Video
|Sprouting broccoli||200 Gram|
|White sauce||75 Milliliter|
|Sea salt/Pepper||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 75 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 2427.2 mg101.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 0.44%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim away any discolored leaves and trim the base of the stalks of the broccoli, leaving nice shaped broccoli spears about 10cm in length.
2. Wash well under cold running water.
3. Keep the white sauce warm in a bain marie.
4. Pour enough water into a large-bottomed saucepan to just cover the sprouting broccoli when added. Bring to the boil, add salt to taste and carefully add the sprouting broccoli to the saucepan.
5. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 6–8 minutes or until the sprouting broccoli is just cooked. Carefully remove the sprouting broccoli from the pan and allow to drain in a colander.
6. Place the sprouting broccoli spears neatly on warmed plates.
7. Knap a little hot white sauce over the stalks and give each plate a twist or two of freshly milled black pepper.
8. Serve immediately.