- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
|Lukewarm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unbleached white flour/Bread flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Wheat sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs), ground in a meat grinder|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Approximately)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3743 Calories from Fat 512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.2%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5917.6 mg246.6%
Total Carbohydrates 714 g238.1%
Dietary Fiber 53.3 g213.2%
Sugars 63.9 g
Protein 112 g224.6%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 233.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir to dissolve the yeast. Add the remaining water, the salt, honey, and oil and mix well.
3. Stir in the unbleached white flour and beat the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
4. Stir in the ground sprouts and enough of the whole wheat flour to make a medium-soft dough. It will be slightly sticky.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead until very smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Put in a clean oiled bowl and turn to oil the top of the dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
6. Turn onto the floured board and knead briefly. Divide the dough in half and shape into two loaves. Put in well-oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pans, cover, and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees, and bake for 35 minutes longer, or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.