- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Anise seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted cake flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg
Sodium 115.7 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g49.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 67.8 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 57.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Beat eggs until thick and piled softly.
4. Add confectioners' sugar and lemon peel gradually, beating until thoroughly combined.
5. Beat in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Chill dough in refrigerator until firm enough to handle easily (about 1 hr.).
6. Roll dough 1/2 in. thick on lightly floured surface. Press floured springerle rolling pin or mold firmly into dough to make designs and roll carefully. Cut cookies apart. With a spatula, lift cookies gently onto greased cookie sheets. Cover cookies with waxed paper and let stand overnight.
7. Bake at 350°F 30 min., or until just lightly browned.
8. Remove to cooling racks at once. When cool, store in tightly covered jar 1 or 2 weeks.