- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Salad Recipe
|Cooked meat||4 Ounce (Use Cold, Preferably Beef Or Lamb)|
|Spring onions||4 , chopped|
|Green peas||2 Tablespoon, cooked|
|Carrots||2 , cooked, diced|
|Potatoes||4 Small, cooked and diced|
|Lettuce head||1 , cleaned, torn into pieces (Preferably Iceberg)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, sliced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.2 mg
Sodium 505 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.5%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 557.1% Vitamin C 196.7%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a salad bowl arrange the lettuce round the edges and some in middle.
2) Cut the meat into small pieces.
3) In a mixing bowl put peas and other diced vegetable. Add mayonnaise and mix well.
4) Add meat to the vegetable and mix well. Season as required and mix again.
5) Pile the salad on the lettuce and garnish with tomatoes.
6) While cooking the vegetable as soon as the vegetables are cooked, strain them and put it in chilled water. This helps to stop them from over cooking and also retains its colour.