- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Pie Supreme Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs), finely diced|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|9 inch pastry crust||1 (1 Crust)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.2 mg
Sodium 198.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 45.8 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, flour, nutmeg and orange peel together.
3) Stir in the margarine and eggs, blend well.
4) Stir in the rhubarb and walnuts, mix well until thoroughly combined.
5) Turn the mixture in the prepared pie crust and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6) Then lower the oven temperature to 325° F and bake for further 30 minutes.
7) In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until the mixture is frothy.
8) Then beat in the cream of tartar, until the egg whites are stiff.
9) Gradually beat in sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time and then beat in vanilla.
10) Spread this meringue topping evenly over the hot pie and bake for another 10 minutes.
11) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.