- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Lamb And Vegetable Potpourri Recipe
|Ground lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||6 Medium, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Eggplant||2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (1 Large)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned white kidney beans||38 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 19 Ounce Each)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3720 Calories from Fat 1604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g274%
Saturated Fat 72.2 g361.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 708.2 mg
Sodium 6093.1 mg253.9%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g129.9%
Dietary Fiber 118.9 g475.5%
Sugars 109.2 g
Protein 218 g435.6%
Vitamin A 1350.6% Vitamin C 323.3%
Calcium 146.1% Iron 217.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 8-quart Dutch oven over high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot oil, cook meatballs until well browned on all sides, removing them to large bowl as they brown.
3. In drippings remaining in Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook carrots and zucchini, stirring occasionally, until browned; with slotted spoon, remove to bowl with meatballs.
4. In Dutch oven, in 3 more tablespoons hot salad oil, cook eggplant and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid,3/4 cup water, 3/4 tea spoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coriander.
5. Return meatballs and vegetables to Dutch oven; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally and being careful not to break up meatballs, until vegetables are fork-tender, about 35 minutes. Skim fat from liquid.
6. In cup, blend flour with 2 tablespoons water; gradually stir into simmering liquid. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens slightly.
7. About 10 minutes before vegetables are done, prepare kidney beans: In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat kidney beans and 1 tablespoon salad oil until hot.