- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spring Ham Casserole Recipe
|Spaghetti||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fully cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 744.3 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 72.7%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender-crisp.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. In a medium-size (2-quart) casserole, combine butter and vegetables.
4. Cover dish with its lid or with cling film.
5. Microwave at HIGH for about 4 minutes, or until onion is limp.
6. Stir in flour, bouillon granules and white pepper to make a smooth paste
7. Gradually add the half and half, stirring vigorously to make a smooth paste.
8. Place the dish in the microwave and set the power to 7.
9. Cook the sauce for about 4 1/2 minutes, stirring once half way, until it is thick and smooth.
10. Add ham, mushrooms and cooked spaghetti and toss to mix and coat spaghetti with sauce.
11. Return to the microwave at the same power for another 5 minutes or until hot, stirring once to halfway through cooking.
12. Pile the spaghetti into deep dish plates and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
13. Serve hot.